Use your communication skills to make a real, positive difference for people and the environment.
Location: Oxford, UK
Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £35-45k, dependent on experience
Reports to: Director of Marketing
ClimateCare is an established, market leading business in the climate and sustainable development market. We are looking for a communications professional to join our team and help us cut 20 million tonnes of CO2 and improve 20 million lives by 2020.
Working with the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for delivering ClimateCare’s communications strategy. You will:
- execute effective marketing campaigns that drive business development in support of these targets.
- manage our corporate presence, ensuring the ClimateCare brand is represented consistently online and offline, and is aligned with our core purpose and values at all times.
Main purpose of the job
The main purpose of the Marketing Team is to create a sense of urgency and drive key audiences to take action on climate and development issues, positioning ClimateCare as the ‘go to’ organisation for business and governments to take responsibility for their climate and social impacts.
To achieve this, communications need to:
- Be timely and relevant to the audience
- Demonstrate the team’s expertise and thought leadership in the fields of climate and sustainable development
- Contain clear calls to action and be measurable
- Maintain and enhance ClimateCare’s brand awareness & reputation
- Add value for our clients and partners, using their stories to inspire others and creating positive brand equity for both organisations.
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative and effective campaigns which deliver positive results, in support of sales objectives and priorities.
- Manage and maintain the ClimateCare website, working with the team to make regular updates and improvements to content and function.
- Manage our social media presence to grow our following in support of business development objectives.
- Issue regular e-newsletters and news updates that engage existing and potential customers.
- Manage our presence at events and secure awards and speaking opportunities to maximise opportunities to increase our profile.
- Manage the ClimateCare brand and provide content and design support to ensure all outbound materials are of a consistent high quality.
- Maintain efficient and transparent processes, including regular measurement, evaluation and reporting of activity.
- Work with the Marketing Director to deliver other communications support as required
You will already have experience delivering integrated communications campaigns, preferably in the Corporate Sustainability, Environment, Sustainable Development or NGO space. You will have experience of all aspects of the marketing mix and have had complete responsibility for hands-on creation of online and offline sales and marketing materials, email marketing, website management and social media activities.
Experience of working in an agency or fast growth, start-up or entrepreneurial business would be an advantage.
You will have:
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a marketing role
- Proven ability to write concise, relevant and engaging copy for different audiences
- Experience updating and managing a WordPress website
- Hands on experience supporting sales teams with database marketing through email and other marketing channels
- Knowledge of campaign tracking, measurement and evaluation, ideally through SalesForce
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with thoroughness, accuracy and an eye for detail
- The ability to create a range of high quality printed and online materials – desirable to have In-Design experience
- A relevant degree and/or professional qualification
- Be a self-starter, with very strong organisational and interpersonal skills, self-belief, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure whilst handling multiple work streams
- Enjoy working within a small team, but with absolute responsibility for your deliverables
- Be keen to share your expertise and upskill the wider team
- Ambitious to learn and develop your own marketing experience and skill set
- Be a team player, working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
Please send a CV and covering letter to Rhiannon.firstname.lastname@example.org