Bulb choose ClimateCare to deliver 100% Green Gas

We are delighted that Bulb, the fastest growing energy company in the UK, has announced a new partnership with ClimateCare. Bulb already provides 10% Green Gas, but from today it will offset the remaining 90% with ClimateCare to make the product 100% carbon neutral. 

This forward thinking organisation – a fellow B Corp – is changing the face of the energy sector and helping to make green energy mainstream. We are delighted to be working with them, helping them act today and achieve climate neutrality in a way that also improves people’s lives.

Following the Paris Agreement, we have seen growing resolve from organisations of all sizes to take full responsibility for their emissions, and they choose to partner with ClimateCare for our track record of delivering large scale effective and robust programmes that turn their climate responsibilities into positive outcomes for people, the planet and their business.

To date we have cut 33 million tonnes of CO2 and improved life for 34 million people, but there is still much more to do. Our vision is a climate neutral world, where everyone takes full responsibility for their carbon footprint. Each new client, of whatever size, is another step towards this ambitious goal. If you’re not yet climate neutral, do get in touch to find out how we can make a programme work for your business.

Call the ClimateCare team on +44 (0)1865 591000

Read the full press release below:

Bulb now saving more than 1% of the entire UK’s carbon emissions

Bulb, the fastest growing energy company in the UK, today announces a new partnership with ClimateCare to provide 100% carbon neutral gas. The community of Bulb members are now saving 3.8 million tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere every year – a figure equivalent to more than 1% of the UK’s total CO2 emissions.

Since the company was founded, 10% of its gas has come from renewable sources and this is not changing. From today, the company will offset the rest of their gas so their offering is 100% carbon neutral. Bulb has partnered with fellow B Corp ClimateCare to fund carbon reduction across the world. This will include carbon reduction projects such as solar and wind farms in Asia and rainforest protection in Africa.

Hayden Wood, Bulb co-founder and CEO said: “We’re on a mission to help people lower their bills and cut carbon emissions. Today, we’re proud to take more positive action to lower emissions.

“We supply 10% green gas to all our members and now we’re offsetting the remaining 90% by supporting carbon reduction projects across the world. Importantly, this change comes at no extra cost to our members.

“We supply more than one million people with affordable, renewable energy and we hope this step encourages many more to make the switch.”

Edward Hanrahan, ClimateCare CEO said: “Saving more than 1% of the entire UK’s annual carbon emissions is a huge achievement. This programme really demonstrates how organisations can tackle climate change in a way that also makes good business sense – that is true sustainable business. We are delighted to be working with such a progressive and forward-thinking energy provider to help them and their members act today – achieving climate neutrality in a way that also improves people’s lives.”

Jonathon Porritt, Founder, Forum for the Future said: “It’s great to see green energy products becoming mainstream. As production of renewable biogas grows, the partnership between Bulb and ClimateCare is an excellent example of how business can take full responsibility for the emissions it generates, whilst having a material and beneficial impact for both people and the environment.”

Chris Turner, Executive Director, B Lab UK said: “It is fantastic to see two of the UK’s leading B Corps coming together to make such a significant impact. Not only are they working together to deliver a dramatic reduction in carbon emissions, but importantly they are doing so in a way that makes business sense. This is the true power of the B Corp movement – demonstrating how sustainable business can become mainstream and be good for the planet as well as the bottom line ”

Bulb will support rainforest protection projects which work together with local communities to conserve forests by stopping practices like logging, conversion to agriculture or mining. Keeping the rainforest standing means tonnes of carbon are kept in the trees, rather than released into the atmosphere.

Bulb will also support clean cookstove projects. Providing families with cleaner, more efficient stoves reduces fuel consumption, saves carbon emissions and can halve fuel bills for families. Clean cookstoves also cut indoor air pollution – a primary cause of respiratory disease, and a hidden killer.