Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Oxford, UK
Closing date: 15th October 2017
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced business development professional to identify and secure new clients and partners from within the corporate sector.
Reporting to the UK Country Head and Managing Director, this position requires a strategic, highly organised new business developer who can work through the full sales cycle: identifying key target sectors and segments; working with our marketing team to formulate an integrated, targeted marketing plan; identifying prospects with a high propensity to purchase; building relationships with key decision makers; closing sales and securing new contracts and revenues.
This is a role for a team player who is also self-motivated, focused and able to deliver.
Attention to detail, multi-tasking ability and superb interpersonal communication skills are essential. To be successful in this role you will be a polished, well presented individual with excellent business acumen who takes an analytical approach to sales/business development and thrives on developing strong long-term relationships with potential clients.
The ideal candidate must be multi-skilled and well balanced and possess all of the classic attributes of an autonomous sales representative.
In addition, an educational background and experience in corporate sustainability, environment or international development would be preferable
The candidate loves the challenge of seeking out and nurturing new business opportunities through to growing a client base. In return for your ambition to succeed, drive to achieve revenue targets and committed work ethic, you will have the opportunity to make your mark in driving our company through its growth targets, and to help fulfil our mission to ‘build better futures for millions of people by harnessing the potential of private finance’.
- Implement existing plans and develop new strategies to identify, analyse and capture new business for ClimateCare with emphasis on corporate clients, and in tandem with international offices
- Ensure that current lead generation activities and tools (e.g. Marketing, PR campaigns, online analytics) are fully exploited and opportunities maximised.
- Identify, analyse, prioritise and recommend new opportunities, market segments, and partnerships.
- Negotiate and close contracts, transition new accounts to the Client Management team.
- Perform market/competitive analyses; develop programme plans including revenue, sales targets and ROI based approaches.
- Work with the wider team to develop the product and service suite to meet the changing needs of corporate clients.
- Ensure company growth objectives and financial targets are achieved.
Selection Criteria For The Candidate
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and networking skills which allow you to build positive relationships and influence prospects, clients and stakeholders.
- Track record of working with large businesses and multi-national organizations.
- Successful new business development background coupled with a solid understanding of business processes.
- Proven ability to build and develop professional business relationships at a senior level
- Exceptional customer focused commitment.
- The ability to identify short & long term prospect needs and translate these into revenue opportunities.
- A high level of IT fluency
- A proactive, enthusiastic approach and flexible multi-tasker
- A solid understanding of business processes and analytical and systematic approach
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Performance traits of initiative, a sense of urgency, follow through skills, independent problem identification and solution pursuit
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in climate change and development and close personal alignment with ClimateCare’s mission.
- Fluency in English with additional language skills preferable
Share our passion and think you’re the perfect addition to our team? Send us your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining why you want to join us and why you’re the perfect fit for this role. Applications by 5pm on 15th October 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!