Title: Corporate Communications Manager
Location: Oxford, UK
Salary: Dependant on experience
Closing date: 15th October 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a communications professional to join ClimateCare, an established and market leading business in the climate and sustainable development market.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering ClimateCare’s corporate communications strategy including delivering effective PR, securing presence at events and managing our online and social media activity.
Through effective management of stakeholders, the provision of guidance, templates and support you will ensure the ClimateCare brand is represented consistently and in a way that is aligned with our core purpose and values at all times.
Main Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the Corporate Communications Manager is to develop and deliver an integrated communications strategy for ClimateCare that:
- Maintains and enhances ClimateCare’s brand awareness & reputation
- Demonstrates our expertise and thought leadership in the fields of climate and sustainable development
- Positions ClimateCare as the ‘go to’ organisation for corporates who want to take responsibility for their climate and social impacts
- Supports delivery of our lead generation campaigns and activity.
- Supports our clients, using their stories to inspire others and creating measurable business value for them and for ClimateCare.
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative and effective communication strategies which deliver positive results, in support of corporate objectives and priorities.
- Manage Media Relations, being a first point of contact for journalists:
- Develop media relationships with sector specific, national and international media.
- Proactively source and generate media stories and provide/ maintain a forward planner.
- Research, write and distribute media releases.
- Set up and manage interviews
- Ensure that the media contacts database is accurate and up to date.
- Keep up to date with relevant stories in the media and maintain lines to take.
- Manage our social media presence, including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook, to grow our presence and following.
- Manage and maintain the ClimateCare website, making regular updates and improvements to content and function.
- Write and issue regular e-newsletters that engage existing and potential customers.
- Manage our presence at events and secure speaking opportunities to maximise opportunities to increase our profile.
- Manage our relationship with key partners and influencers to ensure positive collaboration opportunities
- Provide supporting materials for partners, including writing publications, articles and blogs.
- Maintain efficient and transparent processes, including regular measurement, evaluation and reporting of activity.
You will already have experience managing the Corporate Communications function, preferably in the Corporate Sustainability, Environment, Sustainable Development or NGO space. You will have experience of all aspects of the marketing mix and have had direct responsibility for hands on delivery of PR, website and social media activities.
Experience of working in a fast growth, start-up or entrepreneurial business would be an advantage.
You will have:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a corporate communications role
- Direct experience of the full communications mix
- Proven ability to write concise, relevant and engaging copy for different audiences
- Experience of working constructively with multiple stakeholders to achieve results and build positive relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with thoroughness, accuracy and an eye for detail
- A relevant degree and/or professional qualification
- Be a self-starter, with very strong organisational and interpersonal skills, self-belief, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure whilst handling multiple work streams.
- Enjoy working within a small team, but with absolute responsibility for your deliverables
- Be a team player, keen to work in partnership with others both within the organisation and external stakeholders
Share our passion and think you’re the perfect addition to our team? Send us your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining why you want to join us and why you’re the perfect fit for this role. Applications by 5pm on 15th October 2017 to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!