Title: Graduate Trainee/Office Manager
Type: Full time
Do you want to get an insight into how a sector leading B Corp is tackling the sustainability challenge head on? ClimateCare has the perfect role for you.
ClimateCare is an established and market-leading B Corp, dedicated to applying market-based mechanisms to tackle the joint challenges of climate change and sustainable global development. We’ve been pioneering this approach since 1997 and are now in a new and exciting phase of growth. To help us achieve our goals we’re looking for some dynamic and capable talent to join us.
We are passionate about what we do, and have created an open, supportive, environmentally focused but commercial culture that encourages innovation and rewards hard work. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking and self-motivated person to join ClimateCare. This is a role with lots of responsibility and room for personal growth. You will be based in our Oxford office and be confident, highly organised and full of initiative.
About the role:
The role has two parts. The first is a core set of responsibilities, which include acting as first point of call for all incoming enquiries to ClimateCare – answering the phone and checking the office email. The amount of time you’ll spend on this core set of responsibilities fluctuates, but it rarely takes up more than two days a week.
The rest of your time will be spent aiding teams across the business, with the intention of spending focused time in different divisions. You’ll get the chance to learn applied skills like developing carbon portfolios for clients, managing project credit purchases, developing proposals and potentially managing some ClimateCare clients of your own. Through this part of the role, you’ll get exposure across the business, and will learn how the business works.
Core responsibilities include:
- Answering the phone and handling general (often complex) enquiries
- Welcoming visitors
- Organising office maintenance and repairs
- Undertaking general office duties such as scanning, typing, filing and sorting & distributing post
- Troubleshooting IT problems with support from an external consultant
- Monitoring the business mailbox and responding to queries
- Organising the Company’s offsite events
Additional responsibilities could include:
- Managing and documenting project and proposal information
- Developing portfolios with the portfolio team, liaising with project suppliers and proposing pricing
- Assisting with transactions including negotiating and contracting
- Undertaking research to support teams across the business – from researching new markets to understanding the latest trends
- Attending, and potentially speaking, at external events on behalf of ClimateCare
- Contributing ideas to new and existing business proposals
- Providing support to the marketing and communications team
- Proactive approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with capacity to work well as a team and independently
- Ability to manage a high work load effectively, and establish priorities routinely
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Highly numerate with good working excel skills
- Strategic and tactical decision making weighing up financial returns with meeting client requirements and winning tenders
- Ability to generate and maintain excellent and productive external relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to input into and drive forward contractual discussions
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com ‘Graduate Position Application’ in the email title and where you saw the advert.
Please name your CV and covering letter with the format firstname_secondname_CV and firstname_secondname_covering letter.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on 01865 591 000.
Thank you, and good luck!
Not found the right role?
We are always keen to hear from good people who want to support our work. We regularly offer short term projects and internships. If you don’t see a role that fits, but think you have skills that ClimateCare just can’t do without, then please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why.