Graduate Sustainability Positions
Location: Oxford, UK though likely to require working from home initially
Type: Full-time, permanent – multiple roles available
Start date: September/October 2020
ClimateCare is a Profit for Purpose business with a track record for helping leading organisations tackle climate change at scale.
Since 1997, ClimateCare and its partners have cut over 43 million tonnes of CO₂ and improved 41 million lives around the world.
We have more than 20 years’ experience as a leader in the global carbon markets and climate change sector. We work with major public and private sector clients to fund sustainable development projects that reduce carbon emissions at scale, measurably increase quality of life, and deliver towards the UN Global Goals.
ClimateCare also advises on a range of climate change mitigation and adaptation subjects, from large scale implementation to national climate change policies.
We are currently ranked the number one B Corp in the UK – B Corp is a global movement of more than 2,500 purpose-driven companies that are using business as a force for good.
Graduates at ClimateCare
We are recruiting 3-4 ambitious graduates to join our vibrant and fast-growing Oxford team, working at the cutting edge of sustainability with high profile partners and clients.
We have several exciting roles available across different teams. We invite you to either submit a general application to work for ClimateCare, or, if you have a preference please make this clear and align your application to one specific role.
Opportunity 1: Graduate Sustainability Executive
Focused on developing new business, maintaining client relationships, and designing and presenting market leading carbon offset programmes.
In this role, you could be…
- Managing inbound enquiries from small businesses regarding our services, and helping them to carbon offset
- Supporting key account administration across offset programmes and international project implementation activities
- Tracking and reporting to senior management on ClimateCare’s business development activities
- Researching and producing high quality project information sheets for new business proposals
- Supporting the delivery of employee engagement activities and events for our clients.
Opportunity 2: Graduate Portfolio Management Executive
Focused on building portfolios of projects that meet varying client needs and establishing relationships with our 300+ project partners globally.
In this role you could be…
- Maintaining key databases including the central project information tracker, offers & proposals tracker, and inventory references
- Assisting in project sourcing and discovery activities for client proposals and tenders, identifying relevant new projects and gathering key information
- Working with the portfolio team to maintain CRM account information
- Researching and presenting market pricing and trend information to the team in a digestible format.
- Helping to manage project information and generating project fact sheets.
Opportunity 3: Graduate Office Manager with Team Rotation
A diverse role which involves balancing the day to day task of keeping the office running smoothly, while working across different teams to support the delivery of market leading carbon offset programmes, allowing you to find your best fit within the organisation.
In this role you could be…
- Organising team building events, strategy days, and company socials – sometimes these will involve our Nairobi team too.
- Researching new technology and systems to streamline and improve information sharing and key processes within the organisation.
- Supporting the Portfolio Management team with carrying out project research, writing due diligence reports, and developing project portfolios
- Supporting the Client and Business Development teams with writing project factsheets, launching new sector outreach campaigns, and responding to offsetting enquiries via phone and email.
For each of the roles, the key skills and experience we are looking for are:
- A strong interest in and working knowledge of climate change and associated environmental issues: Environment-related degrees are preferred.
- Strong character and personable: Building close internal and external relationships will be crucial to success with ClimateCare.
- A stickler for detail: The work we do is complex. Getting the detail right – in both numerical and written forms – is how we have built our reputation for best quality delivery in the market.
- Highly numerate: With demonstrable, good working Excel skills.
- A problem solver: Handling complex and sometimes unexpected challenges through an ability to identify, understand, and come up with creative solutions.
- Strong writing skills: Most of our key communication activities are delivered in written form. You must be able to deliver engaging and high-quality copy for our proposals and client materials, often with short turn-around timelines.
- Commercially aware: Helping our clients drive commercial value with their ClimateCare programmes is a key part of our work – exposure to business operations will be beneficial.
- Pro-active attitude: The most successful candidates will demonstrate proactivity, strive to exceed targets, be willing to muck in and have a thirst to learn.
Apart from the opportunity to contribute towards our goals you will be working with an inspiring and inclusive group of professionals who share the same passion and drive for tackling climate change at scale.
We address business climate strategies creatively and with commercial priorities front of mind. This means that as well as gaining considerable exposure to environmental challenges, you will also become highly knowledgeable of corporate financial priorities and business drivers. This is one of ClimateCare’s key differentiators and what enables us to work with some of the UK’s largest brands.
Working in Oxford is an opportunity to immerse yourself in a vibrant environmental scene, with open door lectures given on a weekly basis by the world’s premiere environmental practitioners. Oxford is a fantastic place to live. With beautiful countryside at your fingertips, world class sporting facilities, a thriving music scene, more restaurants than you can shake a stick at and thousands of students all going about town, this is a great opportunity to get a feel of the London life without the long commutes!
As a graduate joining ClimateCare you will be supported with:
- A structured induction programme which builds your understanding of carbon markets and introduces you to the teams and ways of working within ClimateCare.
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions where you will be exposed to new projects and initiatives happening within the company to accelerate your learning.
- Regular progress reviews with your Manager.
- Bespoke training opportunities to develop skills you need to excel in your role.
Please send us your CV and a cover letter (max 500 words), which answers the following two questions:
- In your own words, what does ClimateCare do?
- What is it about you that makes you a perfect fit for the ClimateCare team?
Use the subject line: ClimateCare Graduate Applicant 2020 – [NAME]
Email to: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is Sunday 13th September. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
Applications will follow a two-stage virtual interview process. The second stage may involve some short competency exercises and interviews with senior directors.
ClimateCare have assessed that these roles would not be eligible for overseas sponsorship.