Account Director (Client Services)
Location: Oxford, UK
Full time, permanent
Salary: £40-45k depending on experience
Reports to: Head of Partnerships with a dotted line into our Director of Marketing
An exciting, high profile opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading businesses, delivering pioneering sustainability programmes that protect the environment, improve lives and deliver real business value for our clients.
UK ClimateCare is a certified B-Corporation. From offices in the UK and Africa we work with hundreds of organisations to deliver integrated Climate+Care programmes which protect the environment and improve lives. To date we’ve improved life for over 6 million people whilst cutting 16.5 million tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions. And we’ve set ourselves the ambitious target to improve a further 20 million lives around the world and to cut a further 20 million tonnes of CO2 – all by 2020. We’ll do that by working with leading organisations who share our vision, values and determination to achieve sustainable development for all.
Our team of experts deliver:
- Corporate CSR programmes – which deliver multiple environmental and sustainable development outcomes alongside business value
- Project development – establishing new sustainable development projects which tackle climate change and improve lives, with a focus on Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia
- Carbon reduction and offsetting
- Robust impact measurement – reporting impacts and value delivered to our corporate partners.
- Bespoke communications support – enabling our clients to tell their sustainability story and the impact of their work with us
- Employee engagement – creating bespoke programmes to effectively engage our partner’s employees in corporate sustainability
To build on our success and help us drive forward our ambitious plans, we are now seeking a talented, influential Account Director with outstanding communications skills and a track record of successfully delivering and growing client accounts, to join our Oxford team.
The Account Director will:
- Take overall responsibility for the successful management and development of their clients
- Act as a respected and trusted strategic advisor to clients
- Plan resourcing across the business to deliver requirements
- Manage a client services team, developing their skills and experience and ensuring all clients are provided with a consistently high standard of service
Project manage delivery
- Ensure all work developed and presented is on brief and in keeping with the client’s objectives
- Make sure all projects are managed effectively by the wider team and delivered on time and on budget, and communicate any changes that may occur affecting delivery
- Provide accurate financial forecasts
- Manage all necessary administrative paperwork including status reports, contact reports and invoicing.
Develop new business
- Prepare a clear annual plan for the development of key accounts to achieve agreed financial targets
- Pro-actively develop ideas and proposals to drive the clients’ business forward and develop new business – drawing on the wider team as required
- Work with our business development team to input into proposals and ensure smooth transfer of new business opportunities
To be a success in this role you need to be ready to hit the ground running. You’ll need exceptional communications and influencing skills, with the ability to quickly and effectively build relationships across an organisation.
Working to support both our Head of Partnerships and Director of Marketing and Communications, you’ll take responsibility for ensuring delivery across our main client accounts – coordinating colleagues to oversee corporate sustainability programmes for our corporate clients, and helping them communicate their programmes to staff and external stakeholders.
As well as being a compelling influencer and exceptional project manager, as part of a small team you’ll be happy to roll up your sleeves and get involved with delivery. You’ll have direct experience in demonstrating and reporting value and impacts to corporate partners and in delivering communications to clients to demonstrate the value of their engagement with us.
Motivated and proactive, you’ll be competent in managing your time and able to juggle multiple projects and priorities. And you’ll be able to successfully balance effectively delivery whilst being able to see the ‘bigger picture’ and overarching strategy too.
Like us, you’ll have a passion for what we do, will share our vision and values and will thrive on the opportunity to successfully expand our existing corporate partnerships to help us achieve our 2020 targets.
As such, you’ll have a proven track record of successfully securing, maintaining and growing client accounts and be highly capable when it comes to crafting proposals and pitching to secure further business.
You’ll need to occasionally work unsocial hours and be prepared to travel within the UK. Occasional travel outside the UK to our international projects – for example to lead an employee engagement programme or facilitate a project visit – may also be required.
In summary, you’ll have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Account Director or senior account management role.
- Experience working with clients to develop and implement internal and external communications plans
- Strong influencing and communications skills
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills
- A proven track record in successfully managing and expanding client accounts
- Experience of managing multiple client accounts simultaneously – coordinating colleagues and ensuring delivery against agreed client activity plans
- Significant project management experience
- A passion for tackling climate change and achieving sustainable development and a personal commitment to our vision and values.
We particularly welcome applicants with:
- Experience gained in a fast-paced consultancy or communications agency
- A background in sustainability, international development or corporate social responsibility. A relevant degree or professional qualification is preferred, but not essential.
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team
Share our passion and think you’re the perfect addition to our team? Send us your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining why you want to join us and why you’re the perfect fit for this role to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!