By their very existence businesses have an impact on communities and the environment, but there’s no reason this has to be negative.
We help organisations on the journey from ‘doing less harm’ to becoming Net Positive – using their business to have a positive impact on the world.
Businesses including Kingfisher, BT, Capgemini, Coca-Cola Enterprises, The Crown Estate, IKEA Group, and SKF are already on the journey to becoming Net Positive. (And, as a business ourselves, we are proud to practice what we preach, using the power of our own business for good and delivering positive social and environmental impacts alongside profit. Our B Corp certification impact scores are available online.)
Whatever stage of the journey to Net Positive you are on, ClimateCare’s experts can help you towards your goal in a way that is measured, robust, appropriate, and effective and which will add value to your business.
Call us on +44 (0)1865 591000 or email us for a quote.
A Net Positive approach
As a Forum for the Future partner, ClimateCare is working with the team, alongside other organisations, to drive the Net Positive movement. We contributed to this recent report: Net Positive: A new way of doing business, which identifies how a Net Positive approach can enhance reputation, increase sales, reduce costs, engage staff and improve competitive advantage, supply security and product innovation.
“Companies taking brave steps towards being Net Positive are already reaping the benefits in terms of securing the supply of resources they rely on, investing in radical innovation and shaping their operating context.” Sally Uren, CEO of Forum for the Future
How it works:
A modular approach
Our modular approach means that you can select the right level of support for your business.
Whether you are taking the first step to measuring the environmental and social impacts of your business, want expert consultancy, or are looking for practical ways to manage a specific impact, our team can help.
Module 1: Measure
- We will help you define the scope of your Net Positive ambitions
- Determine what you want to achieve and why
- Ascertain what the focus should be e.g. single issues such as carbon or water, or a comprehensive approach with all material issues.
- We will measure your environmental and social performance, using the latest natural capital and social capital accounting techniques to:
- Quantify and/or put a value on impacts
- Determine an overall loss or gain
- Inform decision making
Module 2: Plan
We will evaluate what these impacts are telling you, helping you to:
- Understand the material impacts for your business
- Identify hot spots.
We will create a cost effective plan for action to help you:
- Target specific impacts to mitigate and/or enhance
- Propose cost effective actions to achieve robust results
- Create initiatives that align with your business core purpose and deliver communications and business value.
Module 3: Change
We create and deliver programmes to reduce and offset your negative impacts and enhance positive impacts, including:
– Carbon reduction and offset programmes
– Community impact programmes
– SDG programmes
– Safe water programmes
– Renewable energy and rural electrification programmes
– Health and education programmes
– Supply chain programmes
The business case for action
Working towards a net positive status is not just good for people and the environment, it can also create business value. Understanding and managing your impacts can help to:
- Increase efficiency and profitability
- Enhance your environmental and social impact performance
- Strengthen supply chain resilience
- Improve brand value
Businesses engage our team to help them:
|Identify and/or Manage
|Improve the social and environmental impact of specific projects, programmes or activities||
|Design and deliver supply
|Drive responsible operations at a business unit or whole organisation level||
Find out more about how we can help you on the journey to Net Positive. Contact the team for a quote.
Or alternatively, call us on +44 (0)1865 591000