Join Our Team
Finance Manager - Mat Cover
Location: Oxford, UK
Type: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to: Finance Director
Are you passionate about the fight to stop global climate change? Would you like to work with an organisation that is on the forefront of efforts to make a real difference?
ClimateCare is a profit with purpose business which works with forward-thinking organisations to help turn their climate responsibilities into positive outcomes. Since 1997, ClimateCare and its partners have cut over 33 million tonnes of CO₂ and improved quality of life for more than 34 million people around the world. ClimateCare’s award-winning team use their extensive experience to design, structure finance for and deliver impactful projects around the world. Our Climate+Care programmes tackle poverty, improve health, and protect the environment. ClimateCare is currently ranked the number one B Corp in the UK and operates globally from offices in Oxford, UK, Kenya and India.
About the Role:
We’re looking to hire a Finance Manager for a maternity cover contract.
- Ensure the smooth running of the accounting system and that accurate and timely management information is produced.
- Maintain accurate transactional records and ensure payments are made on a timely basis.
- Oversee Financial Year end.
- Prepare first draft budget for review for each operating element.
- Ensure transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner on the accounting system.
- Manage production of monthly Management Accounts to tight timescales. This includes:
- Checking Accruals, Prepayments and Credit Card transactions are complete and accurate and properly recorded on the accounts
- Cost of Sales reconciliation including margin analysis
- Comparison to budget
- Detailed variance analysis for each operating department
- First draft of financial commentary
- Preparation of the Payroll for external 3rd party to run
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets and in periodic rolling forecast during the financial year.
- Prepare year end audit files and assist with the Annual Audit
- Assist the Finance Executive/Office Manager with day to day queries
- Assist in company secretarial requirements in multiple jurisdictions
- Assist in trade audits such as ICROA and BCorp
- Assist with ad hoc requests as required
- Must be proficient in Sage 50 Accounts
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- Ability to build rapport and deal with people
- Experience of advanced excel, developing spread sheets
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
What’s in it for you?
Apart from the opportunity to work for this fantastic organisation, you will also get a chance to work with a welcoming, inclusive group of professionals who share the same passion and drive. We like to discuss current affairs, world cuisine and everything sustainable amongst other things! We are located in the Cowley neighbourhood in Oxford, just off Magdalen Road, with great pubs, bars and quirky cafes everywhere. If you like what you’ve seen and fancy joining, apply now! We’re always on the hunt for new talent.
Send us your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining why you want to join us and why you’re the perfect fit for this role to email@example.com.