Carbon Portfolio Analyst
Salary: Competitive, plus a bonus related to performance
Type: Full time
ClimateCare is a Profit for Purpose business which works with forward-thinking organisations to help turn their climate responsibilities into positive outcomes. Since 1997, ClimateCare and its partners have cut over 35 million tonnes of CO2, and improved quality of life for more than 37 million people around the world.
We have more than 20 years’ experience as a leader in the global carbon markets and climate change sector. We work with major public and private sector clients to fund sustainable development projects that reduce carbon emissions at scale, measurably increase quality of life and deliver towards the UN Global Goals. ClimateCare also advises on a range of climate change mitigation and adaptation subjects, from large scale implementation to national climate change policies.
ClimateCare’s award-winning team use their extensive experience to design, structure finance for, and deliver impactful projects around the world. ClimateCare develops cost-efficient, high impact, Climate+Care programmes to tackle poverty, improve health, and protect the environment.
ClimateCare is currently ranked the number one B Corp in the UK – B Corp is a global movement of more than 2,500 purpose-driven companies that are using business as a force for good. ClimateCare operates globally from offices in Oxford, UK and Nairobi, Kenya.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an outstanding individual to join ClimateCare’s Portfolio Team as a Carbon Portfolio Analyst with the opportunity to progress within the team and business.
This is a pivotal team sitting in between the carbon supply market of projects and our client teams & wholesale clients. The team works with our extensive network of international project partners and suppliers to generate bespoke portfolio and project proposals of voluntary project-based carbon credits and to transact and fulfil sales once they are agreed. We also work with other market intermediaries to sell our exclusive partner projects to the wholesale market.
The Portfolio Analyst will support the Portfolio Managers in all their functions, with a particular focus on managing sales fulfilment, improving processes for control and efficiency, providing analytical and administrative assistance and collating and generating project information.
This is a critical and growing area of the business: if you believe you have the right skills and are ready to deliver results and generate impacts, then we would be keen to hear from you.
- Co-ordinate the fulfilment of project buy side transactions and wholesale sell side transactions and develop to take responsibility to manage these end to end including onboarding counterparties, running KYC (Know Your Customer) checks, contracting and managing trade documentation through to carbon credit registry management and delivery / retirement of credits
- Provide administrative and analytical support for the production of all carbon or other portfolio proposals by Portfolio Managers to meet client needs and deadlines. This may include running project discovery exercises, updating information and proposal trackers, developing offer sheets, writing project fact sheets, following market trends,
- Assist with monitoring and tracking of existing client’s portfolios and management of project inventory and provision of information to the team and to the wider business
- Provide the team with market pricing and trends reporting manipulating data into a digestible format
- Assist with running project and counterparty due diligence checks
- Manage and keep up to date the flow of all project information required by the wider teams
- Assist in management of project information and generation of project fact sheets
- Degree educated in a scientific, environmental or numerate subject
- Attention to detail
- At least one years’ experience working ideally in a trading environment, in an analytical or support capacity
- An eye for detail and highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage high work-flow to meet deadlines to deliver results in a pressured environment
- Experience of developing and managing systems and procedures
- Ability to build rapport and deal with people
- Experience of excel, developing spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player and able to adapt to the needs of the team
Share our passion and values, think you’re the perfect addition to our team? Send us your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining why you want to join us and why you’re the right fit for this role to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.