Join Our Team
Natural Climate Solutions Carbon Asset Development Manager/Originator
Natural Climate Solutions Carbon Asset Development Manager/Originator with specific experience in forestry, carbon sequestration and Natural Climate Solutions.
ClimateCare is recruiting a bright, dynamic and commercially focused Carbon Asset Development Manager/Originator – specifically for Natural Climate Solutions, with expertise in the Forestry sector, to join its market-leading team.
We believe natural climate solutions will play an increasing and critical role as part of the toolbox that society will need to address global climate change. Our lands provide an untapped opportunity – providing proven ways of both storing carbon and reducing carbon emissions in forests, grasslands and wetlands – whilst also delivering measurable and important impacts to biodiversity, flood management etc. These projects will be delivered both in the UK and overseas.
The Carbon Asset Development Manager will identify and develop opportunities, in the UK and overseas, to develop carbon sequestration projects based on REDD+ and the planting of new woodlands and forests. Rewilding, peatland restoration, soil carbon and other opportunities will be considered as appropriate
The role will require someone who can proactively identify new project opportunities (particularly in the UK) and develop relationships. The successful candidate will be inherently technical, performing the required calculations at the highest level and developing the required paperwork to a high standard. The person will work with the standards and certifying bodies to ensure timely monitoring, verification and issuance of carbon outcomes and other impact quantifications.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Master’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as forestry, silviculture or land management
- Have at least five years’ experience of working in a professional environment, in the field of forestry and carbon management
- Have an understanding of the science relating to REDD+ and the approaches of the major multilateral agencies to funding and managing tropical resources
- Have an understanding of the evolving policy context in the UK relating to land management, the replacement for the Common Agricultural Policy and the country’s targets under the Paris Agreement
- Have an understanding, based in experience, of the requirements of VERRA and the Voluntary Carbon Standard, the Climate Change and Biodiversity Alliance standard, Plan Vivo and the Woodland Carbon Code (the Standards).
- Have developed project documentation under at least one of the Standards, including carbon calculations, writing the PDD and carrying out local stakeholder consultations
- Have taken a project through the process of validation and verification
- Able to demonstrate strong, rigorous project management skills
The successful candidate
- Will be numerate and able to design and manipulate databases
- Have good writing skills, having experience of being the lead author for Project Design Documents and related paperwork
- Have experience of monitoring carbon sequestration projects, including monitoring reports and third party verifications
- Have experience of engaging with land owners to explain the requirements and economics of carbon sequestration projects
- Have an understanding of emerging sectors such as peatland restoration and “re-wilding.”
- Be able to demonstrate strong commercial aptitude and the ability to identify and originate projects
Location: the role is based in Oxford, with some national and international travel expected
Salary: According to Experience
Suitable candidates should send an email to [email protected] with “Forestry” in the subject line and the following attachments:
- a covering letter, named in the format “Lastname, Firstname Letter”
- a curriculum vitae, named in the format “Lastname, Firstname CV”
- do not attach documents such as academic certificates
Initial interviews will by Skype/telephone; we look forward to hearing from suitable candidates.